Aug 10, 2016

{Review} Reaper by A. Zavarelli

Reaper by A. Zavarelli
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

GENRE: Romance
THEME: Mob, Contemporary, Mature
RECEIVED: Bought

BLURB:
Sasha.

He’s dark and mysterious. Quiet and lethal.
An Irish mobster.
Pure sin wrapped up in a beautiful package.
But there’s also something off about him.
He doesn’t feel anything. He shows no emotions.
Sometimes I question his humanity.
He hasn’t spoken to me in two years. Not a single word.
But we share a secret, he and I.
And if it ever comes out, I have no doubt in my mind…
He won’t have a problem killing me too.

Ronan.
I’ve slain for her. I’ll do it again.
When it comes to Sasha, there isn’t a line I won’t cross.
I watch her. She doesn’t know it.
She thinks I hate her. Sometimes, I think I might too.
But I’m always there, lurking in the shadows.
Craving her. Trying to keep the beast within at bay.
I’ll keep her safe. I’ll slaughter anyone who tries to hurt her.
The only thing I can’t do… is protect her from myself.

REVIEW:

The second book in the Boston Underworld series took an even darker turn. This hit a bit more on some sensitive topics, so be warned when reading this one. However it doesn’t change the fact this is a great series, the characters have so much depth and the readers will root for redemption and happiness for both protagonists.

I really enjoyed the introduction to Sasha in the first book, she was the only girl who befriended Mack. Sasha has a tough story, not only is she trying to support her very ill mother by dancing at the Syndicates club, but she’s stuck there because of her ex. As well as being blackmailed by a big jerk that she’s afraid will tell a dangerous secret she has. Sasha seriously has a big heart; she will do anything to keep her mother comfortable while she is in her last days. She has the support of Mack, as well as Ronan who is always watching her.

Ronan had a terrible and heartbreaking upbringing, it hurt me to read his side of the story and I totally get now, why he is the way he is. His attraction and protectiveness of Sasha is justified, he’d do anything for her but cant grasp his feelings, because hes so unsure of what they mean. It was tough to read the ups and downs of his moment with Sasha, I was frustrated along with her but she doesn’t understand his confusion.

Overall this was an emotional whirlwind, very different vibe from the first but still carries the continuation of what occurred in the first book. I loved how the author connected all the characters; we learn a lot of backstories and get some insight into what’s coming up next.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment